You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
{{ message }}
Repository navigation
Release plans for the DataFusion 55 / Arrow 59.2 upgrade (#2958)? #3290
Is a release including #2958 ("deps: upgrade to DataFusion 55.0 and Arrow/Parquet 59.2") on the cards?
That PR merged on 2026-09-03, but the newest published version is still 0.10.1 (2026-08-01), which requires arrow-* ^58 / parquet ^58.
The reason it matters downstream: DataFusion 55.1 requires arrow ^59.2 / parquet ^59.2, so any project using both iceberg and datafusion in one workspace currently has to stay on DataFusion 54. In our case the two meet directly — we register cold Parquet files in an Iceberg table by reference, so our Arrow schema is passed to arrow_schema_to_schema and Parquet footer metadata is converted into Iceberg Datums. Those boundaries don't survive a split between arrow 58 and arrow 59, so a DataFusion upgrade is blocked on a published iceberg built against arrow 59.
No urgency from our side — we're happy to wait for whatever release cadence suits the project, and are asking mainly so we can decide between waiting and pinning. If there's a target or a tracking issue for the next release I've missed, a pointer would be welcome.
Thanks for the work on this — the 0.10 line has been solid for us.
Hey @bobby, thanks for opening this and sharing why its impacting you.
Unfortunately, 0.11 will be releasing with DataFusion 54. There's a tracking issue here: #3034. Long story short, licensing issues blocked the release although that'll hopefully start moving again soon.
There's not been any clear cadence between releases, but my expectation is we wouldn't see one before November, especially with no release tracker open yet. That might not be what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps planning-wise!
I'll raise next release version at the Iceberg Rust sync on Thursday - if there's any outcome worth sharing on that, I'll post here.
Activity
dannycjones commentedon Sep 28, 2026
Hey @bobby, thanks for opening this and sharing why its impacting you.
Unfortunately, 0.11 will be releasing with DataFusion 54. There's a tracking issue here: #3034. Long story short, licensing issues blocked the release although that'll hopefully start moving again soon.
There's not been any clear cadence between releases, but my expectation is we wouldn't see one before November, especially with no release tracker open yet. That might not be what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps planning-wise!
I'll raise next release version at the Iceberg Rust sync on Thursday - if there's any outcome worth sharing on that, I'll post here.
comphead commentedon Sep 28, 2026
Related #3257