Skip to content

Upgrading to Typescript 5.x #1313

Closed
Closed

Description

@egekorkan

Should we update to version 5 (or newer) of TypeScript? We have noticed this in test-things due to discrepancy in the versions (not a huge deal) and I wasn't sure if there is a blocker.

I could not find an exact issue and asked @danielpeintner and we both remember something but not an issue it seems.

Activity

  1. danielpeintner commented on Aug 8, 2024

    @danielpeintner
    Member

    Some questions/aspects

    • why are we pinpointing the version to a fixed version "typescript": "4.7.4" in the first place?
    • out of curiosity I tried to update to typescript@5.5.4 and npm run build fails with errors (e.g., node_modules/@types/node/globals.d.ts:73:13 - error TS2403: Subsequent variable declarations must have the same type. Variable 'AbortSignal' must be of typ)
      • Hence, I updated @types/node also which leads to even more issues with eventsource etc etc ... so it seems this requires more work :-(
  2. relu91 commented on Aug 21, 2024

    @relu91
    Member

    I think it might have some consequences with #1267 too.

  3. erossignon commented on Nov 29, 2024

    @erossignon
    Contributor

    upgradeing to the latest version of node-opcua uses nodejs16 package definition convention and thefore requires a bump of typescript.

    I have fix, to some extend, the issue that daniel pointed out in PR #1335. (see first commit)

    As a general rules, some modern version of nodejs packages are using more and more the Node16 or NodeNext convention and it would be a good thing to switch to this so you can upgrade package version more easily.

  4. danielpeintner commented on Dec 2, 2024

    @danielpeintner
    Member

    @relu91 @egekorkan @JKRhb what is your feeling.
    I know, browserify blocked us from updating. Since it will be replaced soon, shall we make the change?

    Note: maybe it makes sense to push a node-wot version without the change (also without the proposed changes from @erossignon) and afterward move to node-wot 1.0.0 and update NodeJS version?

  5. relu91 commented on Dec 2, 2024

    @relu91
    Member

    if it is possible I would wait to merge #1335 until the new PR about moving from browserify has landed. I can open it later this afternoon but mostly as a draft. Than we can understand additional changes needed to make opcua work as @erossignon did in his PR.

  6. relu91 commented on Dec 4, 2024

    @relu91
    Member

    Note: maybe it makes sense to push a node-wot version without the change (also without the proposed changes from @erossignon) and afterward move to node-wot 1.0.0 and update NodeJS version?

    Do we have substantial changes to be published? otherwise, I'd wait for the new re-vamped node-wot.

  7. danielpeintner commented on Dec 5, 2024

    @danielpeintner
    Member

    Mhh, probably not really...
    v0.8.16...master

    Let's wait 👍

  8. added a commit that references this issue on Jan 17, 2025
    e55f6b0
  9. added a commit that references this issue on Jan 29, 2025
    2b1e766
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment

Metadata

Metadata

Assignees

No one assigned

    Labels

    No labels
    No labels

    Type

    No type

    Projects

    No projects

      Milestone

      No milestone

      Relationships

      None yet

      Development

      No branches or pull requests

      Issue actions